Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 17, 2012, Day 17 of my 365 Days of Photographs

Hmm, you think this picture seems a little old for me to have taken? Okay, I didn't take it, but let me explain. Today is my birthday (and I feel old enough to have taken the picture). I have never enjoyed birthdays, not even when I was little. I could explain why, but no one will get it, so why bore you. We will just leave it at me not liking birthdays. So, I was trying to come up with something intriguing to take a picture of today, and I saw this photograph hanging on my living room wall. This is my grandmother, Stella Broadhead Lloyd, and her father, whose name escapes me at the moment. Anyway, I wouldn't be here to have birthdays if it weren't for those in my family that came before me, so I took a photograph of a photograph because my grandma was very special. She died when I was barely four, so my memories of her are very limited, but one very important thing I remember about her is that she loved me. I used to sit on her lap while she rocked in her old green rocking chair, and she would feed me dates. I didn't even like dates, but I ate them because it was special time with her. So, on this day, I take a moment to say thanks to those amazing family members that came before me and allowed me to come to this earth, and I especially say, "I love you, Grandma! 

No comments:

Post a Comment