Saturday, January 28, 2012

January 27, 2012, Day 27 of my 365 Days of Photographs

This is Uriah. She is my milk cow. She is the sweetest cow I think I have ever known, and since moving to a cattle ranch in Canada, I can honestly say I have know a lot of cows. Her name is Uriah because registered cows have a particular letter of the alphabet that they have to be named with each year. The year she was born was U, and I remembered liking a band named Uriah Heap when I was a teenager, so I thought it fit. Every time I go outside and call her name, she lifts her head and looks at me. If I act like I might actually walk over to the fence, she comes right over for a visit. Of course, she is hoping that I might have some grain for her, but she is also happy with a scratch on the back. If you think her name is strange, wait until I talk about her calf (the second sweetest cow ever) that was born a few years after Uriah. She got Z. Any guesses on her name???

No comments:

Post a Comment